OCC Hosts Virtual Career Fair

Staff Report

Ocean County College’s Career Services Department, in partnership with the Southern Ocean County Chamber, will host a webinar series leading to a virtual career fair titled Start Hiring on a Handshake. The webinar, held via Zoom on February 24 at 10 a.m., will introduce “Handshake,” the new digital platform connecting thousands of students and alumni of all ages with businesses around the region and the world.

Learn about the platform, the collaboration between the College and businesses and organizations, and how to get teams trained to make the most of this free opportunity placing business at the forefront of the next generation of hiring. In addition to the opening information session on February 24, there will be two technical assistance workshops to support users on March 3 at 10 a.m. and March 10 at 3 p.m.

RSVP by calling the Southern Ocean County Chamber office at 609-494-7211 or emailing [email protected].

This will all lead up to OCC Virtual Career Connect on April 7.

Join students and alumni as they meet with employers for live, online video interviews and on-the-spot hiring.

From 3 – 6 p.m., free and live from your computer or phone.

Ocean County College is the first community college in New Jersey to offer the advanced Handshake platform to its students, alumni, employers and the community. This platform and many more innovative professional development tools and services can be found at https://www.ocean.edu/student-services/career-services/. Contact Career Services Coordinator Christopher Carbone at [email protected] for more information and to see how OCC can serve you.