OCC Open House Oct. 26

Staff Report

OCC will hold a College-Wide Fall Open House on Saturday, Oct. 26, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. 

The program will begin in the theater of the Jay and Linda Grunin Center for the Arts with an introduction from Dr. Gerald Racioppi, Vice President of Student Affairs, and Dr. Anthony Trump, Director of Admissions. 

Then, OCC faculty, staff, and administrators will be waiting in the Larson Student Center to answer any questions about degree programs and otherwise. 

On the first floor, attendees can interact with representatives from various academic departments. An Admissions Application Station will be set up just across from the Starbucks Coffee Bar, allowing prospective students to fill out an application to get immediate acceptance to OCC. Attendees can also download the Barnes & Noble app to receive 25% off one school spirit item at the Campus Bookstore. 

Support services representatives will be situated on the second floor, along with refreshments. Speak with staff from Financial Aid, Advising, Transfer & Career Services, Educational Opportunity Fund, Disability Services, Athletics, and others. 

Meanwhile, student ambassadors will be offering tours of the OCC campus throughout the day. Get an inside look at the College’s facilities, and ask questions about classes, time management, and the transition to college. Tours begin in front of the Robert J. Novins Planetarium every 15 minutes. Those in attendance can also stop in the Planetarium between 11 a.m. and noon for a free five-minute show.

To learn more, or to register, visit go.ocean.edu/events.