OCC Offers Courses at Lakewood HS

This is a caption.

Staff Report

In order to provide residents of Lakewood Township increased access to Ocean County College’s high-quality associate’s degree and certificate programs, the College and Lakewood School District are partnering to offer OCC courses at Lakewood High School in the evenings starting this fall.

This exciting new development, combined with the state’s new free tuition program for New Jersey residents with income under $65,000 per year, will ensure that anyone in the Lakewood area who wants to go to college will be able to do so with minimal travel and expense.

Mrs. Laura A. Winters, Lakewood School District Superintendent, and Jon H. Larson, Ocean County College President, signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Friday, August 30.

The College will work in partnership with LSD to develop course scheduling that will entitle students to credits toward a degree from OCC or other higher education institutions. Courses will be scheduled at 3:00 p.m. or later on weekdays in classrooms at Lakewood High School. In addition, both OCC and LSD will designate a

Relationship Coordinator who will be primarily responsible for the relationship and communication between the two partners.

Students will be responsible for registering for courses either on the OCC campus or online.

For additional information, contact Yessika Garcia-Guzman, OCC Director of Financial Aid, at [email protected] or 732-255-0400, ext. 203.